Dr. Pascarelli's Complete Guide to Repetitive Strain Injury: What You Need to Know About RSI and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by Emil Pascarelli M.D.
Emil Pascarelli M.D. with Dr. Pascarelli's Complete Guide to Repetitive Strain Injury: What You Need to Know About RSI and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
One of the worlds leading authorities on repetitive strain injury tells you how to prevent, treat, and recover from RSI
Living with repetitive strain injury (RSI) can be painful, exasperating, and devastating. If youve given up hope that there is any help for your symptoms, if youve tried medications, wrist splints, neck braces, and exercisesand have had only temporary reliefthis book is for you. Dr. Emil Pascarelli, one of the worlds leading authorities on RSI, offers a comprehensive, prescriptive, practical, and long-awaited sequel to his bestselling Repetitive Strain Injury. Youll read all about the advances in RSI diagnosis, treatment,and prevention that have occurred since the publication of the previous book. Inside is welcome advice on:
- Recognizing the early signs and risk factors of RSI before they lead to a serious or debilitating condition
- Finding the right doctor, the right diagnosis, and the right treatment
- Preventing RSI using commonsense solutions such as keyboard techniques, posture, and workstation setup
- Employing practical methods to regain the use of muscles, nerves, and tendons that have been damaged by RSI
- Relieving not only the pain but also the emotional stress that so often accompanies RSI
- Following specific warnings for musicians and other at-risk professionals
Because symptoms of RSI are rarely visible, health professionals, employers, and fellow employees often cannot understand what a sufferer of RSI is going through. This book is the best way to understand RSI and learn what you can do about it.